The next IGDA Toronto meeting is set for October 8th. We have an awesome panel of experts discussing how to set up a new gaming company in Ontario.
There are so many indie development shops in various state of growth that this topic should be of much interest to lots of folks in and around Toronto.
Next Meeting: Thursday, October 8th 2009
Format: moderated discussion
Topic: Running an Ontario game studio: From start-up to stability.
This business-focused discussion will provide attendees with an opportunity to talk about challenges faced by start-up game studios in Ontario, and strategies for overcoming these challenges. To kick things off, a group of panelists from Ontario-based game development start-ups will be asked to discuss their experiences getting their studios off the ground. Following this initial panel discussion, the moderator will open things up to the floor, welcoming participation and/or questions from the audience. Particular sub-topics on the agenda will include:
- Obtaining start-up financing, establishing and maintaining positive cash-flow
- Strategies used in planning for long-term success
- Government support: What government programs and policies have proven to be helpful?
- Josh Druckman (CEO at Dark Matter Entertainment, formerly VP Development at Digital Extremes)
- Rich Hilmer (CTO at Dark Matter Entertainment, formerly President at Pseudo Interactive)
- Julian Spillane (CEO at Frozen North Productions)
- Ryan Creighton (CEO at Untold Entertainment)
- Ryan MacLean (CEO at DrinkBox Studios)
The meeting will take place in room 310 Metro Hall (55 John Street, M5V 3C6). Doors open at 7:00pm and the meeting will start at 7:30pm. Around 9:00pm we will head across the street to the Elephant & Castle (212 King Street - back room) for drinks and networking.
See you there!
IGDA Toronto Steering Committee
A big THANK YOU to the City of Toronto for providing the space and refreshments!
Hope to see you there!